Articles tagged with: Bent News
Another federal judge rules against DOMA; Southern Poverty Law Center reports on NOM’s antigay lies; suicide risks for black gay youth; transgender rights in Manitoba; British TV series features transgender main character; an antigay attack in Minnesota ; and other news of the week from @bentalaska.
Dharun Ravi sentenced on charges related to death of Tyler Clementi; North Carolina pastor calls for concentration camps for gays/lesbians; and other news of the week from Bent Alaska’s Twitter feed @bentalaska.
Bent News, 2012-05-22: Ex-gay therapy loses its one scientific “proof”; black faith leaders against NOM’s wedge tactics
Spitzer repudiates “ex-gay” study; black LGBT activists and faith take action against NOM’s wedge politics; protection from discrimination against transgender workers takes effect; and other Bent Alaska news of the day.
- RT @metroweekly: Obama Admin Issues #LGBT Inclusive Rules Aimed at Eliminating Prison Sexual Assault – http://t.co/poeOIrEi #
- RT @HRC: Maine Legislature Passes Protections for Students http://t.co/o7DlG6p4 #lgbt #antibullying #
- Congrats! RT @equalityfl: Victory! Volusia County [in central Florida] Passes Domestic Partnership Registry http://t.co/lb8mzt36 #lgbt #
- Congrats! Salina (Kansas) City Commission passes GLBT anti-discrimination ordinance http://t.co/WM6arOHG #
- Took out LGBT too/ @lauritadianita: House is voting on version of #VAWA (HR4970) that takes away tribes’ ability to issue restraining orders #
- Good. We all need protection RT @ThinkProgressFD: White House Threatens To Veto Watered Down Violence Against Women Act http://t.co/rPuBKRIp #
Anchorage Election Commission special meeting of April 21: Holding Duke accountable on “ignore broken security seals” instruction
Giving only two days’ notice, Assembly chair Ernie Hall announced on Thursday, April 19, that the Anchorage Election Commission would hold two special meetings to get further information about April 3 election irregularities. Here’s my report on Saturday’s meeting, and on the first mainstream media report on Deputy Municipal Clerk Jacqueline Duke’s instruction to election workers to ignore broken security seals on voting machines.
Transgender panel discusses gender identity and discrimination on MSNBC show; the unequal burden of taxation on LGBT families; and other Bent Alaska news of the week.
First convictions under the the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act; updated policy for gender markers on immigration documents; and other Bent Alaska news of the day.
The dangers of handholding in Tennessee; Cissna challenges Young for Congress; study confirms coming out is healthy for LGB people; equal rights in Pennsylvania; and other Bent Alaska news of the day.
As Anchorage officials continue to deal with the numerous irregularities of the April 3 election, a transgender woman wins a victory against Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles; and other news from Bent Alaska’s Twitter feed.