March against the war on women: April 28 in Anchorage
Help defend women’s rights and pursuit of equality at the Unite Against the War on Women March on Saturday, April 28 in Anchorage. Starts at 9th & I at 12:00 noon, marchers will walk to Town Square, where there will be speakers and music.
Join Americans all across the United States as we come together as one to tell members of Congress in Washington DC and legislators in all 50 states, “Enough is enough!” Everyone is invited to join, plan, and rally as we unite to demand that every person be granted equal opportunities, equal rights, and equal representation.
We will assemble at the flag pole on the Delaney Parkstrip at 9th and I to pick up signs (first come, first served) or bring your own. And remember, you don’t need to have a sign to march – just bring yourself! At noon we’ll start marching from Parkstrip (9th & I), down I street, right on 6th Ave, to Town Square at 6th & F St.
Join us for great music and speakers at Town Square following the march:
- Shannyn Moore – Mistress of Ceremonies (Radio/TV host, “Just a Girl from Homer”) welcomes us.
- Libby Roderick, Alaskan musician extraordinaire, sings!
- Dr. Colleen Murphy, OB-GYN, speaks about women’s health care, including reproductive rights, abortion.
- Rev. Connie Jones, Anchorage Episcopalian priest, on economic disparity.
- Lennie Moren, activist and women’s rights advocate, tells us the “Facts of Life” for women in Alaska.
- Diane Benson, UAA instructor, former Congressional and Lt. Governor candidate.
- Helen Nienhueser, Alaska Women’s Hall of Fame member, instrumental in establishing freedom of choice for Alaska women, speaks about Planned Parenthood and women’s right to choose.
- Eric Croft, Anchorage attorney, former legislator.
- Date/time: Saturday, April 28, 12:00 to 2:00 PM
- Location: 9th & I, Anchorage, AK (see map); march to Town Square Park, 544 West 5th Avenue (see map)
- Further info: see Facebook page or National website