Stand Up! against anti-gay bullying (video)
This anti-bullying message is from BeLonG To Youth Services for their annual Stand Up! LGBT Awareness Week in Ireland. The campaign promotes friendship among young people as a way to combat homophobic bullying.
Watch the video:
More about Stand Up! LGBT Awareness Week:
“Many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) young people develop their sexual and gender identities within supportive families and communities and are leading happy lives. However, many other LGBT young people experience serious levels of homophobia, transphobia and exclusion in their schools, youth clubs and local areas.
Stand Up! Week will provide an annual focus for promoting positive awareness of LGBT young people, tackling homophobia and homophobic bullying, and building allies among young people and youth workers.”
This year’s Stand Up! Weeks are April 4 – 15, 2011.
- Schools are making headway in addressing anti-LGBT bullying, the AP reports (Bent News 10/24/11)
- Anti-Gay Michele Bachmann endorses Joe Miller *more video*
- Healing Racism in Anchorage brings Brent Scarpo for anti-bullying film & workshop
- Unions oppose anti-worker (& anti-gay) Rep. Mike Kelly *Vote for Bob*
- Ellen on bullying and gay teen suicides